South Cambie Gospel Hall on 60th Ave is where the Church of God in Vancouver have met since 1958, serving as part of the community in South Cambie for over 55 years.
The local church was "planted' or came into existence on April 2nd, 1939 after two missionaries, George Prasher Jr. and George Horne, began a work in Vancouver in December 1938. Meetings were held in private homes at first.
Our church group acquired a hall at 563 West 19th Avenue and met there for many years until we moved to 506 West 60th Avenue where we have been meeting ever since for worship, prayer and Bible Study.
Of course, changes are afoot, and we temporarily meet in the Peretz Centre while our new space is built into the development on 61st Ave and Cambie. Find out more about our current setup here.